Crochet Hemp :: Knit & Crochet Hot Pad Tutorial
Check out these yummy, chunky hot pads I knitted (with a touch of crochet). Here's how I did it:
- Crochet Hemp: (A) 12-strand, bleached
- Crochet Hemp: (B) 12-strand, natural
- Knitting needles: 10mm
- Crochet hook: 6.00mm
- Tapestry needle
- With 6 strands of A held together, cast on 15 stitches onto knitting needles
- Rows 1–24: Knit all rows to create a stockinette pattern.
- Bind off and fasten off, leaving a long tail.
- With crochet hook, create 5 chain stitches with the tail and join with a slip stitch to create loop.
- With tapestry needle, fasten off all ends.
Each hot pad weighs approximately 6 ounces. You can work with 6 spools of A or B. If working with just one spool of A or B, pull out enough yarn so that it weighs 1 ounce and make that into a small ball. Repeat until you have 6 small 1-ounce balls of yarn. Use the strands of all six balls to make the hot pad.
Learn more about Crochet Hemp here.