Knit Cross Apron
I'm diggin' my new apron I made with a cross motif that I knitted with Crochet Hemp and appliqued. Here's how I did it.
- With worsted weight natural Crochet Hemp, cast on 4 stitches on size 8 (5 mm) knitting needles.
- Rows 1–7: Knit
- Row 8: Knit 4, cast on 4 (8 sts)
- Row 9: Knit 8, cast on 4 (12 sts)
- Rows 10–15: Knit
- Row 16: Bind off 4, knit 8 (8 sts)
- Row 17: Bind off 4, knit 4 (4 sts)
- Rows 18–23: Knit
- Bind off all stitches and bury all ends with a tapestry needle
APPLIQUE AND EMBROIDER:
- Spray the back of the knit cross with fabric spray adhesive and place onto apron. Use hand-sewing needle and thread to stitch the cross along all edges to the apron.
- Use black perle cotton to add a running stitch to the top and one side edge. Add small cross stithces near the knit cross.