Favorite Paleo Chocolate Cake Recipe
Thought I'd share with you my favorite recipe for Paleo Chocolate Cake. It's a super moist cake that's kind of brownie-like. This recipe will allow you to make one 9-inch round. I never frost it. It's perfect as is.
• 6 eggs at room temperature
• 3/4 cup of honey
• 1/4 cup of maple syrup
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla
• 1/3 cup of liquified coconut oil (most coconut oils come in a solid form so just heat it enough so that it becomes melted)
• 1/2 cup coconut flour
• 1/2 cup cocoa powder
• 1 cup of dark chocolate chunks
• Turn on oven and set at 350 degrees.
• Take out the eggs and place them near the oven so that the heat can take the chill out of the eggs and bring them close to room temperature. This is important because if the eggs are cold, they will cause the coconut oil to solidify during the mixing process, which you want to avoid.
• Mix wet ingredients together in a bowl
• Mix dry ingredients together in a separate bowl
• Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix well until smooth
• Pour the batter into a 9-inch round pan. (There's no need to grease and flour the pan as long as it's a non-stick pan.)
• Drop dark chocolate chunks into the top of the batter in the pan. This is optional because some paleo people don't eat chocolate.
• Place the pan into the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.