Jump Rope Tabata
So with my current 2014 goal of not falling below 317 days of workouts, I had a challenging past weekend with so much going on and I was afraid I'd miss too many workouts. And then I remembered my trusty jump rope. Thought I'd share with you my jump rope workout routine based on the Tabata method. (For more info on Tabata, Google it!)
- 20 seconds of intense jumping followed by 10 seconds of rest
- Do that 8 times, which equals 4 minutes
- Do that full set 4 times, which equals 16 minutes
Stop there or add ...
- 3 minutes of intense jumping followed by 30 seconds of rest
- Do that 3 times, which equals about 10 minutes
Here's another way to look at it:
PART 1: [(20 seconds jump/10 seconds rest) x 8 rounds] x 4 sets
PART 2: (3 minutes jump/30 seconds rest) x 3 rounds
The APP I use on my iPhone to do my Tabata timing is called Roundtimer. Simple, easy and perfect for timing high intensity interval trainings.